PEARL The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received initial
storm damage reports from 15 counties. Reports range from major damage to
homes, to trees and power lines down. There are two deaths, one in Coahoma
County and one in Jasper County. Several injuries have been reported
statewide. Damage assessments are ongoing by county emergency managers.
The counties reporting damages are as follows:
* Adams: Numerous trees down and power outages.
* Bolivar: Damage to homes. Trees down and power outages.
* Clarke: Lightning strike causing natural gas leak, situation now cleared.
* Coahoma: One death and damage to several homes.
* Desoto: Damage to homes. Trees down and power outages.
* Jasper: One death and two injuries reported from vehicles hitting downed
* Lafayette: Trees and power lines down.
* Marshall: One injury, six homes, one business and one public facility with
* Panola: Reports of injuries and damage to homes. Trees down and power
* Perry: One mobile home with major damage.
* Quitman: Reports of one injury and damage to several homes.
* Tate: Damage to homes and businesses.
* Tishomingo: One commercial building destroyed.
* Tunica: Reports of one injury, damage to homes and a church. Power lines
* Union: Two homes with major damage and minor power outages.
MEMA urges the public to report damages to your local Emergency Management
Agency. For a list of contact numbers for your county, visit
The public is encouraged to follow MEMA on our website www.msema.org